An Extraordinary General Meeting of the Connemara Pony Breeders’ Society took place on Friday 17th July in Hayden’s Hotel, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway. An overwhelming majority voted in favour of the proposed changes to the Memorandum and Articles. The CPBS wishes to thank all of it’s members who made to effort to travel to Ballinasloe to vote on what is one of the most important days in the history of the Society.
The new Memorandum and Articles of Association provide for transparency and accountability which will guide the Society as a limited company in managing its business in a professional manner into the future. Key features include:
- All Ireland Representation
- Province Representation
- Seat allocated on a Province basis.
- Council size increased to 21.
- Minimum of 7 seats available for election to Council each year.
- Seats allocated on the basis of membership in each of the four Provinces.
- Maximum period of six years on Council
- Maximum period for council members is 3 years before seeking re -election.
- Maximum period of one year for executive officers in their roles after which they may present themselves for election by Council Members.
- Maximum period for the Presidency 2 years and then must stand down for a least I year after which he/she may seek re-election to the Council
- Fixed rotational stages of seats on Council.
- All Council members will face elections at least once in 3 years.
- Postal vote by members.
- Change in Executive Officer positions and their roles.
- Modernised means of communications.
- Membership renewal date extended.
The new Memorandum and Articles of Association can be downloaded here: