Proposed Changes to Memorandum and Articles
A number of information sessions are being organised around the country for CPBS members to discuss the proposed changes to the current Memorandum and Articles of Association.
The proposed amendments to the existing CPBS Memorandum and Articles provide for transparency and accountability which will guide the Society as a limited company in managing its business in a professional manner into the future. Key features include:
- All Ireland Representation
- Province Representation
- Seat allocated on a Province basis.
- Council size increased to 21.
- Minimum of 7 seats available for election to Council each year.
- Seats allocated on the basis of membership in each of the four Provinces.
- Maximum period of six years on Council
- Maximum period for council members is 3 years before seeking re -election.
- Maximum period of one year for executive officers in their roles after which they may present themselves for election by Council Members.
- Maximum period for the Presidency 2 years and then must stand down for a least I year after which he/she may seek re-election to the Council
- Fixed rotational stages of seats on Council.
- All Council members will face elections at least once in 3 years.
- Postal vote by members.
- Change in Executive Officer positions and their roles.
- Modernised means of communications.
- Membership renewal date extended.
Date and Venues for information sessions can be downloaded below.