Instructions for applicants
- This form is to be completed in full by the registered owner of the pony being tested.
- If you are not the registered owner of the pony you cannot apply for the test. To register the pony in your name please download the transfer of ownership form available HERE
- Please read all sections carefully and complete the application in full.
- Return the completed application to the address on reverse of this page with the correct fee.
- On receipt of the application and fee we will issue you a DNA sampling kit. Your vet will need to complete the sampling envelope, confirm the microchip and take the hair sample.
- If your pony does not have a microchip you will need to apply for a DNA Comparison test. This can be done at the same time as the HWSD provided we have both forms. Comparison forms are available HERE
- Results for HWSD only normally take 3-4 weeks to be resulted.
The result will be stamped on the last page of the pony’s passport.
You may also download a copy of the HWSD form by clicking the button below. The form should be completed and returned to the address provided.
Please note: Sterling Cash/Cheques are not accepted.